Book Your Spot: TOAM Reunion Island September Getaways

March 12, 2018   /   bynatalie  / Categories :  Travel
kayak transparent reunion island

After visiting Reunion Island 5 times myself and receiving countless questions from readers and friends eager to visit, I decided to develop the Tails Of A Mermaid Reunion Island Getaways as an opportunity for young (and old!) women to visit the island independently, while in the safety of a group. It’s a way for likeminded women to travel, learn from each other and explore together. As a relatively undiscovered destination, only 4 hours away from Johannesburg and with no visa requirements for South Africans, Reunion Island is the dream destination for the adventurous woman with an appetite for travel.

Join the first TOAM Reunion Island Getaways this September

I am not a qualified tour guide, so on the getaways I won’t be rigidly “guiding” your experience. Think of me as your friend who’s been here before. Having explored the island high and low myself, I know the best spots for sunny beach days, icy waterfall swims, dreamy photography and market shopping. I’ll be there to show you a good time, give you some insider tips, make sure you’re happy and safe and help with photography and blogging for those who are interested.

Who can join the TOAM Reunion Island Getaways?

transparent kayak reunion island

The getaways are open to any and all women who have a desire to travel! Not just aimed at bloggers or Instagrammers, the getaways will incorporate some photography and blogging tips for those who are interested, but mainly be focussed on exploring and experiences. It’s the ideal trip for women who have been dreaming of travel but who might not have a partner or friends who can easily travel with them.

What’s included?

boucan canot reunion island

The trips are all-inclusive (T&Cs apply). Flights, accommodation, transport, activities and most meals are included in the price quoted. You will have the option to purchase a few lunches and beverages for your own account. Once you reach the island, you won’t have to spend much!

What to expect

riviere langevin reunion island

saint paul market reunion island

A relaxed pace, where you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy your holiday between exploring all that Reunion Island has to offer. Turquoise waters, stunning beaches, dramatic waterfalls, delicious food and a vibrant culture are all on the itinerary. We’ll be staying right on the beach, so you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the lagoon as soon as you wake up every the morning.

The itinerary

Day 1 – Travel Day

  • Depart from JHB International (4-hour flight from JHB)
  • Arrival in Saint-Denis – Natalie will meet you at the airport
  • Drive to the West Coast
  • Check-in, meet the other girls, unpack and have an easy dinner & drinks at home

Day 2 – Beach Day

  • Breakfast at home (croissants, cheese, yoghurt, coffee, tea)
  • Beach day at Le Hermitage Les Bains
  • Light lunch on the beach (for own account, sandwiches around 4€ each)
  • Sunset drinks and Creole tapas at Coco Beach
  • Easy dinner & drinks at home

Day 3 – Volcano & The Wild South

  • Early breakfast at home
  • Early morning drive up to Piton de la Fournaise (the peak of the volcano) for views and lunar landscapes (we need to arrive before midday in order to see the landscape before the clouds roll in)
  • Traditional Creole lunch
  • Drive home along the south coast and stop for views and photos along the way
  • Easy dinner at home (option to eat out for girls who would like to)

Day 4 – Saint Paul Market

  • Skip breakfast and head to the famous Saint Paul Market to shop and taste local and French food
  • Shop for potluck lunch (each person spends 10 Euro for on a lunch for the group)
  • Relaxed afternoon at home and sunset drinks at Boucan Canot
  • Easy dinner at home (option to eat out for girls who would like to)

Day 5 – Helicopter Tour & Traditional Dinner

  • Early breakfast at home
  • Helicopter tour over the west coast
  • Lunch and relaxed afternoon around the pool / Photo editing workshop
  • Sunset cocktails on the beach
  • Traditional dinner at La Bonne Marmite

Day 6 – Canyoning & Waterfalls

  • Early breakfast at home
  • Spend the day Canyoning at the most beautiful falls on the island (option to transparent kayak and spend the day at the beach OR enjoy the waterfall if you prefer not to take part in the canyoning activity)
  • Relax next to the pool at home
  • Farewell dinner at Chez Herbert (my favourite place to eat local food on the island!)

Day 7 – Travel Day

  • Check out and transfer to the airport
  • Flight from Saint-Denis to JHB International

Book your space now!

Bookings are now open for the 4-11 September and 18-25 September trips, with only 10 spots available per trip. Your space is confirmed once you’ve paid a 30% (R7,650.00) deposit, with the remaining 70% payable 3 months before the trip. To book your spot, fill out the form below and we’ll deliver the payment details to your inbox.

The cost of the TOAM Reunion Island Getaways is R25,500.00 per person.

T&Cs

Bookings are only confirmed upon the receipt of a 30% non-refundable deposit. Once the booking form has been filled out, applicants will receive the payment details for the deposit. The remaining 70% is payable 3 months before the trip. Applicants are required to purchase travel insurance at their own expense and should the applicants have to cancel their trip for any reason, they will be responsible for claiming the costs of the trip from their travel insurance provider. South African citizens do not require a visa. Non-South African citizens who require a visa to visit Schengen states will be required to apply for a visa in time for travel. Trips are inclusive of items mentioned below and all other items are excluded.

The trips include:

  1. Return flights from Johannesburg to Reunion Island
  2. Accommodation in a bungalow on the beach (3 girls to a bungalow, sharing)
  3. Meals:
  • Breakfast daily at home (tea, coffee, croissants, yoghurt)
  • Welcome dinner at home
  • 1 x tapas and cocktails on the beach
  • 1 x Creole lunch with soft drinks
  • 1 x Creole dinner with soft drinks
  • 1 x street food dinner with soft drinks
  • 4 x dinners at home
  • Soft drinks and local beers at home
  1. Helicopter flip
  2. Canyoning experience
  3. All transport in-destination

What’s not included:

  1. Return connecting flights from local airports to Johannesburg International
  2. Alcoholic beverages not specified
  3. Sandwich lunch on the beach
  4. Pot-luck lunch at the market
  5. Shopping and items of a personal nature
  6. Visa costs for non-South African residents requiring a visa for Schengen states

comments

  • Reply

    Ceeces Travel / 13 Mar

    MessageThis is amazing Natalie.

    I am so excited to see someone in SA doing this and doing it well.

    I cant sign up now, but you bet I will be doing one of our tours soon enough! What a fantastic itinerary! Well done!

    I cant wait to see all the awesome travel adventures.

    Cee

    • Reply

      natalie / 18 Mar

      Thank you so so much for always being so supportive! I wish you could join this time – but hopefully next time!

Leave a reply