The weather in Mozambique is hot in summer and mild in winter. It’s hot and dry from April to September and hot and wet from October to March. Summer is beautifully hot and humid, so keep ‘easy breezy’ in mind when you’re packing; cute dresses that you can throw over your swimsuit for the beach, shorts and crop tops for exploring and loads of cute accessories to add to your tropical looks.
I love thinking “capsule wardrobe” when packing for trips, especially if we’re staying at the beach or camping! I like the idea of having a selection of similar tones to choose from. That way I can literally grab any two items to mix and match and even if I am technically wearing something over and over, I can keep things cute and interesting throughout the trip. Heaps of beachy accessories add even more fun.
Mozambique is pretty rustic – mostly just beach and villages with a few vibey beach towns here and there. I was happy to have high wasted shorts and crop tops that I could wear around the camp with sandals or dress up with cute accessories like a cowrie shell necklace or a pair of gold hoops if we were going to a beach bar. The dresses I took were easy to wear over a swimsuit or with a hat and leather sandals.
The resort scene in Mozambique is laid back, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look cute if you want to. A neutral colour palette of greens, denims, white, black and sandy colours were so easy to mix and match and dress up with hair scarves and a cute bag.
Here’s a list of everything you need to pack for Mozambique
- Light beach towels that dry quickly in tropical climates (Turkish cotton towels are ideal)
- Lightweight shorts like linen or cotton
- Lightweight tops and t-shirts
- Dresses to throw on over your swimsuits
- Long dresses or jumpsuits to wear at night to keep mosquitos away from your legs
- Hair scarves
- Waterproof sandals for the beach
- Leather sandals
- Seashell accessories like cowrie shell necklaces or earrings
- A straw hat (the sun is so hot it actually burns when it’s on your face so this is vital)