Come December 23rd I’ll be strapping in for a 30 hour journey to Melbourne, Australia. No, this is not the direct route flight time, but you try finding an affordable direct flight to expat country over the Christmas season. Thankfully though, my friend told me to purchase some wireless headphones and a travel pillow to sleep on the plane. She said that websites like BuyersImpact.co.uk can be good to look at if you’re purchasing some wireless headphones. Maybe I’ll have to have a look on there for some reviews!
We’ll be visiting my sister Jonti and her fiancé Nick over the festive season, and they plan on showing us everything they love about Melbourne. Nick is a born and bred Australian and knows all the best spots, so I’ll need to pack as much variety as possible into 20kgs. He’s already sent me a list of all the best restaurants in Melbourne! I’ve teamed up with Gillette Venus to share my packing tips with you, including this one; The Snap.
It’s a tiny little razor that fits into the palm of your hand but has the power of a big razor, with 5 blades. It’s so small that you can easily slip it in your luggage, right between your bikini and your summer dresses, this holiday season.
What I’m packing for the Festive Season in Australia
- Sunglasses, obviously
- The classic Eight Hour Cream to keep my lips from dying a slow aircon death
- A neutral lipstick for everyday wear
- An Instax camera to capture amazing memories for our home
- A pair of comfortable sneaks for sightseeing in (this pair of Nike Roshe is much lighter than my AirMax, so they’re easier to travel with – there’s a tip for you)
- My Gillette Venus The Snap, obvi
- A pair of pretty leather sandals by local designer Jane Sews
- My favourite QMS Hydrofoam Mask to protect my skin on the loooooong flight
- A bikini, of course (I usually bring a wrap bikini top, a couple of one-piece swimsuits and a few pairs of bikini bottoms!)
Share your holiday essentials and WIN!
Gillette Venus is celebrating the start of summer with their #VenusOnTheGo competition by giving one lucky reader a R20 000 shopping spree at Topshop! All you have to do to enter is
- Buy one of their Venus Snap razors
Snap a flat lay image including your Venus Snap
Upload it to Instagram using #VenusOnTheGo.
I’ll be sharing looooads more about packing for a long haul trip in the coming weeks, but in the meantime I can’t wait to see what you’re packing!